Sunday, September 14, 2008

China

I am finally posting some pictures from our trip to China. Things have been so busy since we got home I haven't had a chance. Both of our jobs are really busy in the fall. Eric started back to law school 4 nights a week at the end of August. Plus we are rapidly approaching the wedding and still have lots of details to finish up.

Okay, back to China. We flew from Indianapolis to Toronto, Canada and then on to Beijing. Toronto to Beijing was about 13.5 hours! It felt long on the way there and at about the half way point I felt like I was going to go crazy. Watching movies and reading helped pass the time. When I was finally able to get some sleep that helped.

Once we got checked into our hotel, we went to a little shop to get a few snacks for the next day when we would be heading to the Great Wall. We were told by our tour guide that we probably wouldn't want to eat at the restaurant. Here are a couple pictures from the shop.


Notice that everyone in the last picture is nervously laughing at something different. They had very interesting items for sale in that shop.
After picking up some snacks we stopped for our first Beijing dining experience. Here is our group at the restaurant.

That was our first night in China. Coming soon...our trip to the Great Wall.

No comments: