Monday, March 22, 2010

It's a Boy! & 19 Weeks


Here is a profile shot of Owen Michael. He is measuring one day ahead of schedule and everything looks great. They measured everything (all the parts of his brain, his spine, lungs, heart, etc.) and everything looks just as it should. He spent most of the time with his hands up by his face, maybe even with his fingers in his mouth. He was moving his arms and legs a little and we even got to see him move his little mouth!

I haven't felt him move yet but I guess I should be anytime. I had a dream that I figured out a way to push on my belly to finally feel him and then when I woke up I tried it but it didn't work. I also had a dream that the baby was here and didn't cry all night long so when I went in to get him in the morning he was a total mess. I didn't have anything (clothing, sheets, diapers) so I couldn't even change him.

I finally have more energy and spent the weekend cleaning the house from top to bottom. I would crash at about 3:30 in the afternoon and need a nap, but I got a lot done. That is all that is new for now. Speaking of crashing, I think I am headed to bed.






Baby's now the size of a mango!
Vernix caseosa, a greasy white substance made of lanugo, oil, and dead skin cells (yum) now coats baby's skin, shielding it from the amniotic fluid. (Picture yourself after a nine-month bath, and the need for protection makes sense.) You might get to see the vernix at birth, especially if baby is premature.

No comments: