We have a great chair now for Owen's room! It was a $25 find on Craigslist and I couldn't be happier. (You can also see I have painted!)I sent the posting to Eric on Thursday last week and he set up an appointment to look at it Friday and ended up being impressed enough to bring it home. He wasn't sure about buying used soft furniture, but once he saw it in their house and realized that they hadn't even removed the tags from when they bought the chair 30+ years ago and that it really was never used, SOLD! The couple was apparently moving into a retirement/nursing facility and their children and grandchildren were selling all of their stuff in their house.
As I said the tags were still on the chair, so we know it came from a local furniture store in town where we just happen to have purchased a bedroom suite. I think it is ironic that we bought this chair for our baby's nursery at the same time and it made me think that before we know it we will be that couple watching all of the furniture and various household items we have collected over the years being sold by our children and grandchildren.
No comments:
Post a Comment