Owen is still working on cutting his 2 front bottom teeth. I am thinking that has contributed to the fact that he will.not.sleep. The ONLY way he will sleep is with me. He will fall asleep and let me put him in his crib and then 5-10 minutes later he is up and crying. He rolls him self over in the crib and then seems mad that he is on his stomach. I tried propping him with rolled blankets, kind of like bumper pads so he couldn't roll himself over, and that didn't work. I have swaddled, unswaddled, tried the swing, given him Tylenol and baby Orajel - nothing seems to help until I finally give up out of exhaustion and bring him to bed with me. I am thinking it is just a phase and like everything else concerning Owen, it will change. For better or worse, nothing stays the same for long. :) So I am just trying to embrace the extra cuddle time. I am trying to stop thinking about all the things I need to do, like shower, eat, workout, clean, etc. The winter storm is making it a little easier to just hibernate with my sweet little baby. Here is a video of his bath time last night.
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Winter Storm
Owen is still working on cutting his 2 front bottom teeth. I am thinking that has contributed to the fact that he will.not.sleep. The ONLY way he will sleep is with me. He will fall asleep and let me put him in his crib and then 5-10 minutes later he is up and crying. He rolls him self over in the crib and then seems mad that he is on his stomach. I tried propping him with rolled blankets, kind of like bumper pads so he couldn't roll himself over, and that didn't work. I have swaddled, unswaddled, tried the swing, given him Tylenol and baby Orajel - nothing seems to help until I finally give up out of exhaustion and bring him to bed with me. I am thinking it is just a phase and like everything else concerning Owen, it will change. For better or worse, nothing stays the same for long. :) So I am just trying to embrace the extra cuddle time. I am trying to stop thinking about all the things I need to do, like shower, eat, workout, clean, etc. The winter storm is making it a little easier to just hibernate with my sweet little baby. Here is a video of his bath time last night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment