Friday, August 26, 2011

Owen's Birthday Party



























I have had a hard time writing this post. It finalizes the fact that my little boy is no longer a baby but a toddler. He is one whole year old and his independence has started to emerge at warp speed. While I love this stage and enjoy more than anything when he learns something new, I am surprised at how much I want to slow things down a little.

Owen has shown me that there is no stopping this growing up train. Seriously, even when I tried to take a few steps back and let him be a baby for a little longer, he took charge and moved us forward two steps.

We had a great little party for Owen with our close family. Owen had one friend, his little red headed girl, Anne. We enjoyed pizza and and ice cream cake and a few presents. Owen is a lucky little boy to be surrounded by people who love him deeply. And we are all very lucky to be a part of this special little boy's life.



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Partners in Crime said...

Happy B-day Mr. Owen! You are so big now!