Thursday, September 22, 2011
Keeping Busy
Owen is on the move, and therefore so is mommy! It is much harder to get pictures and video of him now because the minute a camera or phone comes out he is more interested in that, instead of whatever I happen to be trying to capture. Same goes with the computer, which makes it hard to blog. Owen is busy right now eating a few animal crackers so I might actually be able to get this blog post finished and posted. (Though earlier this week when I thought animal crackers would distract him for a little bit, I ended up having to take apart his favorite toy because he stuffed chewed-up crackers into it.)
Owen is still learning more and more. I notice him trying to say words a lot. They don't quite sound like the word just yet but pretty close. Last night he was trying to say elephant. He gets the E and PH sounds. I can see that he understands a lot more. He knows balloon, ball, book, upstairs, close, open, off, on, outside, kick, throw, dog, cat, fish, duck, milk, shoes - and I am sure more that I am forgetting. He is also learning to climb up on the couch and chairs. He doesn't quite understand that he can fall off of them yet so I have to be very close and can't leave him alone for a second. Last night after his bath I combed his hair like I do every night, then I gave him the comb and he tried to comb my hair. He is so big!
He has started making lots of new faces. They are so funny. The minute I start talking to him in a serious tone or if I am telling him no to something he scrunches his eyebrows together and puffs out his lips. He sure doesn't want to be told anything! He also does this if he is skeptical of something.
At least 2 times a day (usually more) Owen falls or bumps his head and comes running and crying with his arms open wide for me. I scoop him up and hug him tight and usually get him a drink of water. That seems to make everything all better and he is off again. The hurt look on his face is heart-breaking, but at the same time I love seeing him running to me for comfort and to make everything right again in his little world. It is one of my favorite moments every day. I know I will miss this a lot someday when he is too big to scoop up and it will take more than a hug and a sip of water to make things right.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment