This has been in interesting month. We started off with trying to find some indoor activities to keep Owen busy. It is amazing how much time he can spend playing with a few small items we find in the dollar section at Target. He loves these little multicolored cotton puffs. I also cut a hole in the lid of a Tupperware container and he loves pushing them in and then emptying it out and starting over again. He also puts them in a container that is meant for sorting your daily medications. He loves to pop open each day and put a few in and shut them and then open them.
It is hard get Owen to sit still for reading very often but I have a few books that I know will catch his attention. I love that he now anticipates parts of the books he knows and says what is coming. When we read Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, after I say "the whole alphabet up the....", Owen will say, "OH NO! and BOOM BOOM!" Gosh I love that little guy.
We have several places on our weekly routine that we go visit and meet up with friends. The Banneker Community Center is one of those places. As you can see in the pictures it is a huge room full of every toy you can imagine and just lots of room to run around and play. It is totally free and amazing. Just another reason we love Bloomington.
We have had several days this month of unseasonably warm weather, we are talking 60 degrees! We always get outside on those days. We have played at home, wagon rides, bubbles, chalk paint on the driveway (we made it out of cornstrach, water, and food coloring), and gone to the park. We are hoping for a good snow at least once this year because Grandma Neuburger has a sled that we are anxious to try out!
When all else fails Owen loves to play on the IPad. He is a pro and can turn his games on and off. They have some adorable apps, his current favorite is Itsy Bitsy Spider.
So that is the update on my little man. Cute as ever, growing too fast, and busy as a beaver.
No comments:
Post a Comment