Saturday, December 1, 2012

It's A Boy!

Things have been a little crazy around here. Eric is in the middle of his busiest time of year and I have been sick. I feel like we are just getting through the day each day. The evenings seem to be the worst time of day for me. I have had a couple of episodes of passing out. Food (especially in the evenings) sounds awful, yet when I don't eat I get sick. We had a little scare for 2 weeks before Thanksgiving, after the doctor called me to tell me that they think the baby has a hole in his heart between the left and right ventricle. They scheduled me for a follow up ultrasound the day after Thanksgiving.

I think I did a pretty good job of not getting too worried or upset. I kept hanging on to the fact that maybe they would recheck and find nothing. And even if they found something I felt confident that it could be minor and not cause any problems at all, it is apparently the most common heart defect. Mostly I just decided to not go over every scenario and not let myself search online until I had a few more answers. Thankfully at the recheck the doctor said everything looks GREAT! The baby was a little bigger and they were able to get very clear shots of the heart and everything is just as it should be! Praise the Lord!

We have decided on a name - Milo Dale. I liked the name Miles for a long time. But Eric didn't want to use that name in Bloomington, since that is the name of the IU President that fired Bob Knight. I heard Milo somewhere along the way and Eric agreed that he liked that. He did some searching to see what he could find about that name and found this about Milo of Croton. Milo was the name of a 6th century BC Olympian. That seemed fitting and so it was settled. His middle name will be Dale after his Grandpa Neuburger!

Owen is excited about being a big brother. He will say, "There's a baby in Mommy's belly!" And during the 2 weeks that we were concerned about the baby's heart Owen would say, "Milo's heart needs help!" It was the sweetest thing. He would pray with us for Milo's heart before bed. Now that everything is fine he will sometimes say, "Milo's heart is all better!" :) I can't wait to see these two brothers love each other and grow together.

Eric's sister threw us a gender reveal party for our family and friends. She did such an amazing job! We had the ultrasound tech write down boy or girl and seal it in an envelope. Then I gave the envelope to Karen and she had someone put either blue or pink balloons in a box for us to open at the party and reveal to everyone! The balloons were a great idea for including Owen in the moment. We also had our family pictures taken at the same time to capture that moment with our annual family pictures.











No comments: