Monday, June 28, 2010

8 Months


Your Baby: Baby’s senses are continuing to improve -- when light peeks in through your (extremely) stretched belly, those tiny eyelids and irises blink and dilate. And, baby can now recognize and react to simple songs… time to start practicing your lullabies! Growth (at least inside your womb) is starting to slow, and you may notice baby descend into your pelvis at the end of this month.

Only one more fruit comparison left....a watermelon. I just read that in four weeks I will be considered full term. August still seems like a distance away but when I think about the possibility of him coming early it seems so close. I feel like I still have a lot to do. I still really don't know what I need yet. It is so hard to know what to have.

I am heading to a meeting with a nurse today at 1:00. After starting me on medicine for the gestational diabetes my numbers have still been all over the map. So now I will learn how to do "insulin therapy", that is what they called it when they called me from the doctor's office. I don't know if I will still be taking the oral medicine, but I really hope not. I have never in my life dreaded taking a medicine so much. In fact I have forgotten to take it a couple of times because I think I just can't stand the thought of purposefully taking something that makes me feel so bad. It is only the morning dose I can't stand. By lunch time I feel horrible. I feel like my sugar has bottomed out and I am going to pass out. I am shaky and sweating and just try to eat to make it go away. I have prepared with extra fruit to eat this morning and I am trying to figure out how to fit in a meeting this morning, testing my blood, eating the fruit, and leaving at the right time to make it to my appointment. I really hope my meeting today somehow makes me feel better about all of this. I guess when I look at it all I don't feel that badly other than if I take the morning medication I have a really hard time mid-day. Otherwise I have been fine. I am stressed out and feel like I am on edge each day. (no need to chime in here Eric) I feel very cranky.

This is my last week of work (well sort of), I will be going in for a few half days in July to train the person who is taking my place. I think the extra time will be very helpful for staying on top of everything I have to keep track of now thanks to the gestational diabetes.

I also have a regular doctor appointment on Wednesday morning. At my last appointment I was not measuring large or ahead at all.

That is all I really know right now. Like usual I still have more questions than answers. Perhaps this afternoon will be a different story.

No comments: