Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Insulin Update

On Monday I learned how to give myself insulin shots and I am now giving myself a shot in the morning and evening. The very first one I had to do was the worst, now I can say it isn't bad at all. The idea of doing it was far worse than the reality and now that I know that I am fine. At first I was thinking I might have to get Eric to help....but if you know him that isn't really possible either. But now that I don't mind doing it he is off the hook.

So far ::knock on wood:: it seems to have helped my numbers. We had a regular check up this morning and when she looked at my numbers she seemed pleased. In other updates, I am right on target with weight, Owen's size, blood pressure, etc. She said Owen's head appears to be down. At this point it sounds like I will be going in once a week so they can keep a close eye on me because I am on insulin. She said they might have me do a non-stress test each week but wasn't sure. I think a lot depends on my sugar numbers and if Owen keeps measuring on schedule.

Eric informed me that we are 45 days from the due date! That seems so soon. Especially if he comes early at all. That sentence makes me think about delivery and then I get a little nervous. Some moments I am pumped and think I am ready for that challenge and other moments I am pretty freaked out by the thought of what is to come, ekk!

Friday is my last official day at work. I can't believe that I have 2 more days at work. I have been busy cleaning out my office and going through files and getting ready for my replacement. The reason I say last official day, is because I will be coming in for a few 1/2 days in July to help train my replacement.

Next week I am dog sitting for a friend's dog. I also have many projects waiting for me at home that I am excited to tackle. Not only is there plenty of things to wash and organize in Owen's room, I have other closets, the garage, and the office to organize. I also want to polish the kitchen cabinets. We have some spots in the hallway upstairs that I want to repair and touch up the paint. I have lots of cooking planned and hope to make some meals and freeze them for after Owen gets here. I need to pack a bag for the hospital and have several books I am reading about taking care of an infant. I also need a general inventory of what all we have for Owen. I feel like I have no idea what I will need and I don't want to have too much stuff but I certainly don't want to be missing key things once he is here and we are exhausted.

Tonight I am headed to the store to pick up a few items to complete a meal I am making for a friend (Kristin) who just had a little boy a week and a half ago. I am going to meet him tomorrow and I can't wait. Kristin is quite the woman I tell you, since they had Cameron they have also moved into a new house and have a 3 year old as well. I am exhausted just thinking about what this last week has been like for them!

No comments: