Saturday, August 7, 2010

Nesting?

It is hard to believe that this December marks 2 years that we have been in our home. Since that time I have taken on room by room to paint and decorate and furnish. I am really glad that we held off "filling" the house immediately and took our time finding good deals and really learning what we wanted in the different spaces. I still have a few things that I would do differently but overall I am pretty happy. I have certainly learned a lot and came a long way in the sport of painting. I do cringe a little when I look at the rooms that I first painted because I know so much more now about what paint I like and a certain brush that allows me to edge with no taping. The last room I painted is Owen's room. Then in May we decided to hire a professional to paint our bedroom. I am proud to say that you can't tell which one was done by a professional!

That being said, I am thinking at this point we should be done painting for a while. (unless we stain our deck) So I have wanted to organize and "clean up" our old paint cans. I saw this idea on a blog that I read and decided now is the time! I have ran out of things to clean and organize! But I am VERY happy with this little OCD project. Now we have nice clean organized cans of all our left over paint. It will be very easy to just do a few touch ups here and there as needed. Above is the before and below are the afters.


Each label has the type of paint, name of the paint, date purchased, what room it is used in, the mixing information, and even a little blot of color so you can see what it looks like!). Very exciting. I feel so much better now!

No comments: