Monday, June 13, 2011

10 Months Old





My little guy is looking more like a toddler and less like a baby. He even needs a haircut! Lately it seems that Owen learns something new every day. In the last week he said his first word (sit), learned to wave, and started cruising along the furniture.

Teeth:
Owen still has 6 teeth, which seems pretty impressive for 10 months. It is even more impressive that he has had these since he was 6 months old. No signs of new teeth coming in.

Sleeping:
Owen is finally consistently sleeping from about 7:30-6:30. For the last month we have cut out night time feedings (per a lecture instructions from his doctor). It has helped a lot. His naps are still a little hit or miss but I feel I am able to predict when he needs one and I will force it at that point. Overall doing much better in this department.

Eating:
Owen eats 3 meals a day but sometimes seems to refuse one of those meals. Never breakfast! He loves breakfast and will always eat the most at that time of day. He is not a fan of meat. He will eat it sometimes but seems to prefer being a vegetarian. :) He loves yogurt and bananas, I have never seen him turn those down.


Favorite Toys/Activities:
Owen loves to just crawl around and explore. He is a curious and independent little guy. He is quick and will disappear before I know it. He LOVES Reilly. He could be in the middle of a full on cry and see her walk by and immediately smiles.  He loves to listen to sesame street songs. He loves little commercial jingles on TV. He loves seeing his daddy! Loves opening and closing doors. I have been trying to get him to love kisses but have had to settle for Eskimo kisses for now.

Dislikes:
Diaper changes are hands down his least favorite activity. They are very challenging now because he fights like mad and screams and cries and wiggles and rolls. It feels like a full body workout sometimes just to change his clothes. Riding in the car is a close second on the dislike list. Actually I think it is just being locked in the carseat that he hates. He has gotten a little better about this but it can still be a challenge. The music seems to help and will often calm him down but he will rarely sleep in the car. I wonder if it is because he sleeps best on his belly with his little bottom up in the air. He also really dislikes it when his friend Anne pulls his hair.  :)




So that is Owen at 10 months. Sleeping more (at night), staying in one place less, and just as adorable as ever!

No comments: