Saturday, December 12, 2009

Five Weeks: December 12, 2009

What's happening? Starting to form major organs (heart, kidney, liver, stomach) and systems (nervous, circulatory, and digestive).

I woke up this morning at 2:00 am and took a test. I had been suspecting that I was pregnant because of a few minor "symptoms" this past week.

1) Heartburn - While I have had the occasional case of heartburn, this week it seems to becoming a regular nightly and morning feeling.

2) My skin changed. It has looked/felt terrible all week.

3) HOT- I know some people think that I am hot all the time but I really am not. Especially at home and through the night. I have been feeling like I am having hot flashes all week.

All 3 of these things were abnormal enough for me to really think that something might be going on. I couldn't sleep so I figured I might as well take a test and put my mind at easy. Well I was right, but it certainly didn't put my mind at easy! I was never able to go back to sleep!

I woke up Eric immediately and showed him the test. He smiled and and said REALLY - I am so happy! Then he looked at the clock and laughed at me. Then he said something about being so happy we have good health insurance. This made me laugh because he also said something about insurance soon after he asked me to marry him. That time he said we are going to save so much money on insurance! Always thinking sweetie! Really it is so nice how much he cares in that way. It may not be cliche romantic material but it certainly shows how much he cares. And I am crying while I type this. Let the fun begin right? So far I have teared up at the IU basketball game when one of our players gave everything he had trying to recover a ball before it went out of bounds and when I was watching a clip on someone winning a million dollars on Deal or No Deal. And typically I don't even like that show, but the look on the face of the woman who won was so touching!

At a more respectable hour, we headed to Barnes and Noble to get some books to help answer some of our questions. I got the classic What to Expect When Expecting and Eric picked out The Expectant Father. He had me read him the first month chapter on the way home. I really like Eric's book because it tells him what is going on with me, physically and emotionally, and gives him tips on how to be helpful! :) Gotta love that!

Eric had to go to the IU vs. KY game today at noon. I am excited for him to be home and we can talk more about how excited we are and start making plans! There is lots to do! We have decided that telling our family at Christmas will be perfect. And lets face it we can't keep it a secret longer than that. I will have a hard time with waiting two weeks to tell anyone but I think it will be hard for Eric too. His mom called this morning to see how finals are going and how his week was and he said it was really hard not to tell her about our exciting morning.

I am saving these posts until we tell everyone and then I will try to publish at least weekly updates.

No comments: