Thursday, December 3, 2009

New Stuff

Since Eric had a lot of studying to do the day after Thanksgiving, mom and I decided to brave the Black Friday crowds. I was a little nervous because a few years ago I tried when I was searching for a laptop and it was a total waste of time. But I have decided as long as you are not trying to score one of the super electronic deals that they only have 10 per store available it isn't so bad. I had a lot of luck this year at Macys and Sam's Club.

At Macys, I got new bedding for our bedroom. We have been in need of a new down comforter, sheets, and duvet cover. Until I put the new stuff on our bed, I didn't really know how much we needed it! The old one was no longer the right size for the cover or the bed! All the new stuff fits really well, is very comfortable, warm, and pretty. All of it is ivory and plain, with the plan to decorate with accessories. I want to decorate the bedroom/master bath with tans, creams, blues, browns. That might be my next project.

At Sam's Club I got this lovely ottoman! I have been looking for something to be our coffee table in the living room. I liked the idea of something soft that wouldn't create more sharp corners in the living room and the idea of something that we could use for a foot rest, extra seating, as qwell as a hard surface when we needed it. This ottoman had everything I wanted and more. The bonus with this piece is that it came with 2 trays and storage space for blankets! And it was half the price of other ottomans I had found that I liked even less. Thank you mom for bringing it to home for us! And she also helped me clean my entire house which was also great! Thank you so much! Come anytime! :) I promise you won't have to work so much next time.

This shows one of the trays that came inside of it on the top and how we can use it to place cups or other things we need a hard surface for.


Here you can see the inside. On the left is another tray just like the one we are using on top. On the right and below the tray is extra storage room! Love it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I went black friday shopping - in KY; what a trip! lol. I got a printer - sorely needed!