Thursday, July 22, 2010

Full Term!

At week 37, your pregnancy is considered full term, meaning baby is likely to thrive after birth. Baby spends these last weeks in preparation for the outside world… meaning careful refinement of the blink, suck, inhale and exhale. Meconium, which you’ll probably find in the first diaper, is accumulating in the intestines. If (okay, as) you worry about giving birth, consider what it’s like for the little one. During the journey out of your womb, baby will produce more stress hormones than any other time in life.

That's right...I am considered full term now! At our last appointment on Monday the doctor said that I am now measuring ahead (40 weeks), so he wants me to have another ultrasound to check Owen's size. I am excited to see Owen again! This means that they could decide that I should have him sooner rather than later. I am to a point of being pretty uncomfortable so I am ready whenever. I still have a few things I wanted to accomplish at home (cleaning and organizing) but honestly it is getting pretty difficult to do those things so if it doesn't happen I am okay with that.

I think we are ready for Owen....as ready as new parents can be I guess. I have a few small things that I would like pick up yet but we can manage without them if we don't get to it.

I am getting more and more nervous about labor. I have pains and contractions here and there that make me wonder how I will ever be able to handle it when things really get going. It hurts already!

No comments: