
First I have to say a HUGE THANK YOU to my mom and grandma. They surprised us and came down on Saturday to help clean and get everything ready for Owen. I kept thinking I could make it through my to do list one day at a time and it would be no problem. But the truth is I am really getting uncomfortable and it is rather hard and painful to do most things around the house. Mom and Grandma showed up and in a few hours the 4 of us tackled everything! We pulled all the weeds in the front yard (I mostly just held the bag), everything in the house was dusted, polished, swept, mopped, etc. Mom helped me pack my bag for the hospital and we purchased a few last minute things that we will need for Owen. Grandma even polished all of my kitchen cabinets! We got batteries for everything and Eric made sure everything is in working order from the car seat bases being installed to the bouncer seat batteries!
I can honestly say now that I am ready and waiting. I feel so much more relaxed and prepared for our ultrasound on Tuesday. Eric even noticed today that I am much happier and calm. I just feel less overwhelmed and stressed. I really can't thank them enough. Mom, Grandma and Eric made my day!

Owen's room is ready and waiting! He is such a lucky little boy. When I look around his room I see gifts from everyone who loves him. Everything has come together very nicely and we couldn't be happier.

This shelf is one of the many (and everything on it for that matter) gifts that we have received from family and friends to prepare us for his arrival. I love that many of the details are so special and even handmade! Thank you dad for making this shelf! It really turned out perfectly. I am still arranging and changing what I have on it but I do that will every shelf in our house until I finally like the way it is arranged. :) And I know that we still have a couple more special handmade items on the way for Owen that will have a place in this room.

And here is a picture of me. This is from last weekend, so I was 36 weeks. I wish I would have gotten Eric in the picture with me because he looked so handsome. We were on our way to the rehearsal for Rebecca and Ben's wedding. We have a great time last weekend being a part of their special day. It was really hot but we managed just fine, although swollen and puffy! Rebecca did such a beautiful job making her vision come to life. She did a lot of things herself, like making the table runners and various other decorations and details. I was so impressed with how it all came together. And on top of all that she was able to relax and really enjoy her wedding day. I hope they are having a great time on their honeymoon!

I should have more time for blogging since everything is now crossed off my to do list. I can't help but wonder if we will be meeting Owen very soon. Then all promises are off in regards to blogging.
2 comments:
Great pictures! So happy you are done with your list... I know you probably feel so much better now! I miss you and can't wait until I can see pictures of Owen! Have a good week!
I am crying tears of joy for you right now; I am so happy for you! Owen will be here any moment, and I can't wait to meet him!
I love you so much!
Post a Comment