
Owen is now 5 months old! I think the biggest change is his hair. It is fuller and sticks up all over. He used to just have a little piece in the back that stood up straight but now all of it sticks up. People every where we go comment about his cute hair. It is hard to get a good picture that shows his hair. I think it looks more like mine did when I was a baby.
I think Owen might be teething. (But don't we always think that when they are this age?) He has not wanted to nap the past couple days. He is sleeping more at night and only getting up 1 or 2 times, which is much nicer for me! He is enjoying and getting much better at eating his cereal. I can't tell a preference for rice or oatmeal. He doesn't get super excited for either one but does open his mouth and eat both. I tried his first bite of sweet potatoes last night and he didn't seem to like them. He pushed almost all of them back out of his mouth.
He seems to be mentally ready to do more but just isn't ready physically. He wants to sit up and roll around and even crawl but he can't yet, so he seems to get frustrated lately. Things that kept his attention a few weeks ago no longer keep him occupied for long. He doesn't want to just lay around and play with toys that he has mastered. He loves to be around other babies and often just sits and observes them. He has started to like books more and will sit and listen to them much longer than before. He noticed Reilly eating and drinking the other day and got a big kick out of that. He also seems to watch me eat and drink with curiosity and interest.
I have been wondering why I don't seem to get as much done during the day anymore and why I am so tired again. I think the little napping and not being happy to sit still for long is contributing. He just took a 20 minute nap and is yelling for me now. It used to be a nice long 2 hour nap around this time of day. Maybe that will come back around again soon?
Oh well, while this time is more challenging, it is also more fun to watch him take an interest and laugh at things.
No comments:
Post a Comment