Saturday, January 23, 2010

11 weeks: January 23, 2010

Baby's now the size of a lime!
Your fetus currently enjoys a 1:1 ratio between body and head, and has skin so transparent that blood vessels show right through it. But fingers and toes are no longer webbed, and hair follicles, tooth buds, and nail beds are forming -- setting up a significantly more attractive future.

Wow a lime seems a lot bigger than a prune. I did read that the baby will be tripling in size in the next 3 weeks! I am certainly in an awkward stage. My regular clothes don't work but maternity clothes are big. But given the choice I would certainly choose the too big clothes. I am really excited about a great deal I found yesterday! A girl I went to high school with (class above me) mentioned on Facebook that she was having an indoor sale this week. She has two adorable little girls and she wanted to get rid of all the 0-12 month stuff and her maternity clothes. I emailed her about the maternity clothes and asked what size and what price. She emailed me back and said I could have the whole lot for $50! That includes 6 dresses, 5 shorts, 2 pairs of jeans, 1 pair of corduroys, and 15+ tops all in my size! That is a great deal! I am so excited. My sister is going to drive to Berne for me this weekend and pick it all up, then I will get it in 2 weeks when I go visit! The girl selling this stuff always dresses so cute so I can't wait to see what is there. It is a bit of a risk but I figure it is worth the chance. That is a lot of stuff. Hopefully I won't have to buy much more than that. Eric said "good job thrifty!"

Today Eric gave me my birthday present (a little early)! He got me a new lens for my camera and a remote controller for my camera! This lens allows me to zoom in further than my old lens. I am excited to try it out. I did a little bit in the house but I am excited to go some where and try it. Thank you Eric! I love my presents.

Today my bestfriend Julie and her boyfriend Marques are coming to Bloomington! Marques has a show tonight at a local comedy club, The Funny Bone. Eric, Julie, and I will attend his show and then they are staying the night with us! We love house guests. I am excited to go to The Funny Bone too. I haven't gone to as many local places as I would like to.

I better get moving. I would like to at least vacuum the house and go to the gym before they get here this afternoon.

No comments: