Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Eight Weeks: January 2, 2010


Baby's now the size of a raspberry!
Baby is growing like mad, putting on about a millimeter every day and continuing to straighten out in the trunk. Though you can't feel it yet, baby is moving those little arms, legs, and (now only slightly) webbed fingers and toes like crazy.

This post is a little late. Our internet has not been working at home and so I have "logged off" for most of Christmas break. I am feeling more nauseous and tired. Mornings, especially the hour drive into work, and evenings when I am trying to lay down are the worst moments. Today I went on a cottage cheese binge. It has been one of the few things that sounds good to eat. It is almost lunch time and if I had any left I would have more.

Today has been interesting at work. This morning I have been working on the events calendar for the year 2010. I chart out all of our events and then chart back to when invites should be sent, data needs to be to me, data requests submitted, etc. This project really made the year seem short. Especially considering that this year I will not be here for the fall events. I also did a little addition for myself and realized that I really only have about 100 days of work between now and July, when you consider holidays and the fact that I will have to take several days off for various appointments. That is crazy. 100 work days between now and July - it really makes you see how fast time can go even though right now it seems to be moving very slow.

One week from today is my first doctor's appointment! I am excited, nervous, all the usual suspects of emotions lately.