Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Week 15


Baby's now the size of a naval orange!
Continuing the march toward normal proportions, baby's legs now out-measure his arms. And, finally, all four limbs have functional joints. Your fetus is squirming and wiggling like crazy down in the womb, though you probably can't feel the movements just yet.

Your gums may be red and swollen (thanks, hormones), so it's extra-important to take good care of your mouth right now. Brush often, floss gently, and see your dentist if you haven't already. Also, your now-cramped chest and abdomen (baby's growing fast!) might be making you a little short of breath.


I can certainly vouch for the gum issues stated above. I had a cleaning at the dentist Friday and I have never been that sore leaving a regular dentist appointment. Eric told me that our insurance covers and extra cleaning during pregnancy, apparently because it is so easy to have gum issues during pregnancy. My dentist said everything looked very normal for someone who is pregnant. I am so glad that I didn't have any cavities or anything else I have to take care of.

I had another doctor appointment today. Everything went great. We were easily able to hear the baby's heartbeat this time. I guess the biggest thing that makes me feel is a sense of relief. Everything looks great - my blood work, weight, and blood pressure are all fine. I am actually really surprised that I have only gained 2 pounds since our very first appointment at about 8 weeks.

That is all that is new around here. I am starting to get anxious about getting the bonus room organized and then working on the nursery. We will be finding out if Neubaby is a boy or a girl on March 22! Eric and I are both thinking girl for some reason, so we shall see.

No comments: