Thursday, September 23, 2010

6 weeks old

Owen is 6 weeks old now! I can see my little man changing so much and I want him to stay small but honestly I am also very okay with him growing past the brand new newborn stage. That stage was scary, with Owen not gaining weight and being so sleepy and lethargic that we would have to fight to keep him awake to eat. I don't really miss those days. I like where we are now. Owen has spent the last 4 nights in his crib. He transitioned just fine and doesn't even seem to miss me like I miss him. :) He is still doing a good 5-6 hour stretch and then 2 more 2-3 hour stretches at night.
I took Owen outside yesterday and he laid in the shade for a little bit enjoying the nice breeze on his skin and listening to the wind blow through the trees. He seems to really enjoy being outside. A couple of times when I have been sitting with him in the living room he looks at the back door and smiles. He mostly smiles in the mornings but is generally happy and content most of the day. When he is upset it is usually because he needs some help getting gas out.


Below is Owen in his bouncer seat. We just added the piece that goes over and has little sea creatures hanging down. Before he wouldn't have noticed them but now he loves to look at them and accidentally hits them with his hands sometimes.




Not sure why that one picture is sideways but it seems to have a mind of its own sometimes. I go to the doctor today for my 6 week check up. I am expecting everything to be just fine. I am looking forward to this weekend. We are supposed to have great fall weather and great company coming to visit. I am also looking forward to seeing several people at the IU football game. Go Hoosiers!

No comments: