We have been busy having lots of fun this week. We went to a new moms support group on Wednesday. There are 5 new mommies and babies in our group. The youngest baby is 3 weeks and oldest is 12 weeks. It is fun to get to know other moms and talk to people dealing with the same things we are. We will be going every week and hope to make some new friends!
Wednesday evening Owen and I tagged along with Eric when he went to class in Indy. We waited for him with Grandma Neuburger. She made us a great dinner and Owen was great. He was awake the whole time cooing and smiling and trying to suck on his hands. He just started doing all of these things and it is so adorable. He doesn't really like pacifiers but he seems to enjoy his hand, so I think he might be a thumb sucker. Sometimes he can't get it to his mouth but you can tell he is trying really hard. I haven't caught any good pictures of his smiles. They are the best! He just started doing them in response to us. He had a huge smile for daddy this morning!
Thursday afternoon we ended up tagging along with Eric again to Indy. He had a 2 hour meeting downtown in the afternoon. Owen and I walked to the mall and did a little shopping. I actually found a clearance rack with several items on sale in my size! How often does that happen! Then we walked to the Post Office and back to meet daddy. Then we all went out for Thai food at our favorite place in Indy that we miss. We stopped at Grandma Neuburger's house to nurse Owen on the way home. We had a great family day!
Owen has been doing better than ever the last two days with nursing. So many people have told me that after 6 weeks or so that it all clicks into place and gets easier. I see what they mean now and I am so happy that we have made it this far.
Today Owen and I went to a tailgate before the IU vs. Michigan game. We had some GREAT food and hung out with great people. When the game started we headed home and watched the game cuddled up on the couch. It ended in a heart-breaking loss for IU but it was a good game.
We are looking forward to a cozy fall day at home tomorrow relaxing and watching more football.
No comments:
Post a Comment