
Owen is generally a very happy boy. He just loves to lay around and kick and smile and coo. He loves it when we look right at him and smile and make faces. He gets very excited and I can't wait until he laughs. We have had to break out some of his 3-6 month sized clothing already. I love these pajamas that he has on in these pictures.


Here is Owen hanging out on our bed with Reilly while I was getting dressed. I realized poor Reilly hasn't had any pictures on here lately. :) She has been a very good girl with Owen. Since he arrived she has been much more protective of our home. She used to run and hide when a UPS truck would pull up but now she runs to the window and barks. We have found her a couple of times sleeping on the floor in Owen's room at night. She will occasionally go over and sniff him if he is on the floor or in the bouncer but doesn't get too close and doesn't stay near him for long. I can't wait until Owen notices Reilly. We know they will be good friends. For now Reilly is enjoying our daily walks along the stroller and trying not to get too stressed out when Owen cries.

I think I have mentioned before but Owen really loves his little changing table in his room. It is amazing how he will calm down if you set him there and he starts looking around. There is a little ball that makes noise from his Grandpa and Grandma Neuburger that hangs above him and I always tap it when I lay him down. Owen seems to be very independent. He will spend time just looking around and trying to get his hands in his mouth. He is 10 weeks old today. It has gone very fast and I am trying to enjoy every moment. After Owen went to bed the other night, Eric and I looked back through his pictures from his birth and first week home. It is unbelievable how much he has changed and I know it will keep happening. I am thrilled that he is growing and changing and learning but sometimes I want to just stop the time from moving so quickly.


I heard a something on Dr. Phil yesterday that really struck me. I want to live life and not try to "get life done" as if it is a chore to be accomplished each day. This is really hard for me because I love having my house clean and orderly. I get a feeling of satisfaction from keeping everything tidy and in its place. It helps calm me. It is like xanax to me. I don't think I have to have a messy house to live life to the fullest, but like everything I have to find a balance. I want to play with Owen, read to him, make messes with him, and just sit and hold him for awhile even if he would be okay in his swing or his bouncy seat. I want Eric and I to spend time together even if it means the dishes don't get done today or the yard grows a little longer than I like it. I want the 4 of us (Eric, Owen, Reilly and me) to spend time creating memories of fun traditions and happy moments. I read a blog written by a mom that I have never met. She lives in Florida. She had her sister send her a box of colorful leaves from Michigan so that her girls could feel what it is like to play in a pile of leaves. She wanted them to know what it smelled like and take beautiful pictures of them enjoying a fall tradition that she loved. I want to be like that. I want to enjoy the small things. I thought about making this a New Year resolution but why should I wait until then? I want to start today. So today I spent more time sitting on the floor and smiling at Owen and I held him and rocked him while he took one of his naps. It was a great day!
1 comment:
Good post today... I like how you think :)
Post a Comment