Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Mommy Group



When Owen was just over a month old I joined a New Mommy Group at a local nonprofit called BABS. BABS is a great resource for moms. They have groups, classes, and just generally is a place to feel very comfortable and connect with other moms that you have sometime in common with. The group was schedule for 8 weeks and ended just before Thanksgiving. We all decided that we wanted to keep meeting and really look forward to our weekly visits to share and support each other. Today we had our first meeting on our own. Gabriele hosted us at her lovely home. It was a great time as usual and I look forward to many more gatherings with these new friends! All of our babies are between 3.5-6 months old.

You can see Owen playing under the hanging thing above and then Paulina and her son Nathaniel, Sara and her daughter Ann, and Akiko and her daughter Midori. I didn't get Gabriele (her son Daniel is being held by Paulina above) or myself in the picture but maybe next time!

No comments: